I planted a perennial daisy two years ago with an expected height of 24 inches. Well, it must have been mislabeled, because that baby grew and grew. Last year, as is often the case, we had summer storms that had significant winds, enough that it blew the stems over. By that time, August, they were near 5 ft tall! I tried tying them, but it didn’t look very nice, and it didn’t really work…..the entire “bunch” blew over. Hoops are not tall enough, and Tomato cages were not broad enough. So I decided to take and embellish some garden stakes. I started with some 5 ft wood tomato stakes. Here is what I did.
I plan on making a few more sets and use them on the purple coneflowers, and also some rudbekia that grows so thick they start to tumble. Guess it’s time to divide them this fall. Happy Gardening! Thanks for reading. Laters, charisse